25 junio 2006

hace una semana, hoy.

well, the throat seems to be clearing up. slowly. but its on the mend. its been interesting to "observe" my own pain. I´m such a good example.

The Dr. I´m working with is in the US until next week, so I´m not really sure what I´m doing this week. I´d take another week of Spanish classes, but I don´t really have the money for it. Which is too bad, because I could certainly use it.

Carmen went home yesterday, so there was no discotheque. Which is probably good, because I hear they are very smoky, and probably no good for my throat. We´re still supposed to go next weekend though, so I guess I will probably get the opportunity...

I´m amused that there are both drinks and a bakery called "Bimbo" here. ...I´m going to buy postcards later today. That will give me something to do this evening....lots of writing. Not that I really have much to write about. But, I guess, subconsciously, I have 3 goals here: 1. make the espanol passable, 2. make some friends/connections so I´ll know people when I hopefully come back, and 3. learn something about pain. Plus there´s the added bonus no. 4, see the tourist stuff. and I´ve done a little of each. So I guess things are progressing. And it can´t happen all at once. The rez taught me that. You always need more time than you think you will.

There was an interesting interview with an anthropologist from Columbia in the Lima paper today, and I think I actually understood most of it. It was short, but I´m learning!

No hay comentarios.: