22 agosto 2007

google maps failed me

i got my student id today. and it actually looks like me. people tell me all the time my drivers license doesn't look like me. the woman at PP told me "you are much more lovely than that picture." even i can see how much my siu id looks like i paid someone else to be in the picture for me.

afterwards, i set out for target, but google directions kept telling me to turn the wrong way on one way streets, and take exits that didn't exist. but after about 3 determined hours and 4 trips back & forth between dc & va, i finally found it. its actually quite simple. but more importantly, there is a goodwill next door. so i bought a pair of pant to turn into some lovely bermuda shorts, and an alarmclock. which makes me realize i've done a rather poor job lately of buying used when possible. i do have a lot of used furniture which i am glad about, and in the kitchen i'm generally good at reusing. but i've been a poor consumer with clothing.


at target, i got a good fix for my method addiction and bought 2 pinot noirs. mmmmmm......

No hay comentarios.: