03 setiembre 2010

libros y canciónes

this is a pitiful way to post for the first time in 2 weeks, but all i can do is apologize.

after 2 weeks of fretful insomnia, i may have kicked the habit. thus, i woke up at 5:30 am today (a mere hour after my usual 4:30 am fall-asleep time as of late) after a lovely night's sleep. and i randomly stumbled across a list of stereotypes by favorite indie band. I found this especially interesting because my favorites change so often, and are even more likely undefinable (and not in an "oh, i'm so knowledgeable i can't be pinned down sort of way. or an i'm so knowledgeable you've never heard of my favorite band sort of way. no, just in a hm...who do i feel into today sort of way). and the wonderful thing about that positioning is you get to decide which stereotype you like best and go with it. So I went with bat for lashes. mostly because ee and i were talking about them the other night, and they were at the forefront of my memory.

So apparently, i wear leggings to places other than 80s parties. Which is true. But I wear them under dresses in the winter. I'm not sure that counts.


But the real point here (if this is even an excuse for a "real" point) is on this list there was a link to stereotypes by favorite author. Now, if you have had any discussion about fiction, books, love, death, life, inanimate objects, cigarettes, choice, or any other number of pseudo-philosophical topics, you know who my favorite (fiction) author is. but of course, as expected, he is not on the list. however, what i didn't consider is that the close 2nd (though still undoubtedly second) would be on the list. and since #2 was the mentor of #1. and #2 shares things like cities and academic disciplines with me, it seems only right that I consider him as my stereotype.



So, I don't think I've ever actually "played Creep by Radiohead while having sex or smoking pot." But if someone insisted I had, I wouldn't argue. Though i was (surprisingly) never much of a radiohead fan, most of my friends were. so, even if i never actively played the song, i can easily imagine that it may have been in the mix at some point in serge's room or 409 or the like. but the reason i'm really writing about this (another "real" point?) is the brief stereotype also includes a link to a fuller explanation, in which this fine blogger suggests i must be crazy (so true), ever changing (who isn't?), "random and varried" (sure...), and a rebel (i wish!).

so, there you have it. leggings and rebellion. i can live with that.

No hay comentarios.: