25 mayo 2006

mi amigo nuevo, juan

Juan (guru of my trip) emailed me today. We’re beginning to have one of those very weird email relationships where we have moved on from discussing business-type issues to a very casual friendly relationship. I feel like I’ve developed such relationships with a lot of people lately, and its strange. Not in a bad way. Its very intriguing how technology has played such a role in shifting interpersonal relationships. I mean, I cannot imagine college without email and IM. I would have never met about 80% of my friends if it weren’t for the internet. And I feel like there’s a cultural shift wherein relationships (and not just romantic ones) created online are not necessarily less valued than ones born in “real life.”

Anyway, in a strange twist of fate, Juan is perhaps going to the rez this summer. He said he wanted to visit an Indian reservation in Arizona, so of course, I quickly chimed in NAVAJO! NAVAJO!



(Nava-who? Nava-what? Navajo!)
Now I’m jealous that he might be going to the rez. But I’ll be back. I promise, I will be back to the rez. Soon, hopefully (that’s what I always say).

No hay comentarios.: