18 agosto 2010

a volver

I've been back in the district for a week and am rather sad I'm no longer writing posts from the big brown couch. But perhaps what is saddest is that the big brown couch is moving. Not far, but I'll never sit on it and stare out above all the 2nd story windows again.

I've been a bit down since I've been back. I attribute this mostly to my hermit-like behavior. But a grad student's end-of-summer bank account, lack of strict schedule, and looming book chapter deadline have joined forces (a la captain planet's planeteers) to keep me shut up in my room or buried away in the cubes.

But speaking of the planeteers, In a little more than one week's time I'll be on my way back to 1/4 of the corners to see my bilagaana, the admiral kelsey wolye (wolye), get hitched. And speaking of getting hitched...keep your eyes peeled for some interesting blog posts in the near future. But until then, a pretty little picture to remind me that the florescent lights of the cubes are not the only light in the world.

gregory bald nc/tn

No hay comentarios.: