17 julio 2009

preguntas

About 7 years ago an acquaintance had an unattributed quote as her away message on AIM.

There are years that ask questions and years that answer.

I wrote it down and googled it to no avail (this was in the days before google was so good at searching books). But yesterday I read it as if for the first time. At the beginning of Chapter 3 (page 21 in my Perrenial Classics 1998 edition) of Their Eyes Were Watching God, Zora Neale Hurston writes, “There are years that ask questions and years that answer.”

This thought was my saving grace when I was 22, 23, 24. When I turned 25 the answers started coming almost immediately. But there are always spots along the way that start asking again. I wonder if its maybe days that ask questions now.

There are days that ask questions and days that answer. But some days are so confused, they don’t even know what question to ask.

No hay comentarios.: