30 marzo 2009

palabras y nombres

the world was feeling a little out of whack this weekend. maybe because i spent too much time at school. maybe because i cleaned our giant white board with harsh chemicals and the fumes were getting to me. i'm sure it had something to do with certain friendship weirdnesses, but things are feeling back in order again (nothing a little pineapple can't fix). i also think part of the fix has been the way i've been addressed by a number of people. "darlings" are always nice, as are "hello, love". "hey lady" or "baby" from certain folks. "nellochka!" is always nice. I even enjoy "haynes!" coming through on g chat.


last week, when mama H was visiting, i was actually thinking about being called "haynes." My mother calls my father that. My mom's coworkers call her Haynes. But i've never been called Haynes. Not even back in my team sports days. It was always "nellerz." The closest i've come is "Hell Nanes" thanks to the epic farter and rave demon. So maybe this is silly and crazy, but being called haynes actually make me like e.d.a. much better. funny how little things like discourse change minds and moods.

i suppose voloshinov was right

No hay comentarios.: